Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Third Post

ICE CREAM


So most of you know my fetish for ice cream. Even though it negates all the working out that I am doing to maintain my new and improved buff self. But the choice has come down to no work out, no ice cream; work out, ice cream. I can't have one without the other, and I am not about to give up the ice cream. Besides, if I gave up the ice cream and continued to work out, I would be so buff no one would recognize me. Or would they be able to stand me because of my overbearing good looks and foul mood because I haven't had ice cream for more than one day.

Well, since my unemployment I have been searching for things I would like to do with my life. I sat down and started thinking, now is the time for me to really do what I really want to do. And what did I come up with? Well, yea, steam locomotive engineer at Disneyland, but I needed something else to bridge the gap. So I came up with ice cream connoisseur. I would become a master ice cream maker. I had spent several days with my father in law as an unofficial taste tester at Cold Stone Creamery in Mesa and had learned the art from him, sort of; so I knew everything I needed to know about it.

The first thing I did was go out and buy a Cuisinart 2 qt ice cream maker. I then began to experiment with my favorite flavor of ice cream, sweet cream. I nailed it on the first try. Not only did I nail it, but I surpassed Cold Stone, in my humble opinion. And so I went on. My next flavor was Strawberry Cheese Cake. I think I have it now. Anyway it is very addictive. The only problem now is that 2 quarts isn't very much. Perhaps I can sell it on the internet as a gourmet ice cream for several hundred dollars a qt and ship it with dry ice. Check the side bar for ordering instructions.

For those of you that don't want to fork over the hundreds of bucks I will share my secret with you. For this one time, and one time only I will post my recipes. Get them now, because I won't give them to you if you ask me for them later. You will have to order and pay the hundreds of dollars for the ice cream.




Sweet Cream Ice Cream

1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/8 cup sugar
3 cups heavy cream

Mix the milk and the sugar together. Whip the milk and sugar concoction for several minutes to get the sugar fully dissolved. Add the cream, whip together some more, pour into the ice cream freezer and churn for 25-30 minutes. Cure for 24 hours.

Strawberry Cheese Cake Ice Cream
4 oz Strawberry flavored cream cheese
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 cups Cream
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 graham cracker crust

Mix the cream cheese and milk together, whip until smooth. Add sugar, whip until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the cream, whip again until everything is dissolved. Pour into ice cream freezer and churn for 15-20 minutes. Continue churning and add the strawberries chopped into small pieces followed by the graham cracker crust and let churn for 5 more minutes in order to get the ingredients mixed evenly through the ice cream. Cure for 24 hours.




No comments: