Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Eighth Post

Thought Processes
Alright, it has been a while since my last real post. But my life has been kinda dull lately. On top of that, I discovered that I am the only one that is reading my blog and making comments on it. Freaky, huh. Yes, a majority of those anonymous posts are mine. I am talking to myself again. You know what that means: Therapy.

I kind of let the cat out of the bag at dance. I was dancing with one of the partners that I enjoy dancing with and we were talking about why we go to dance. Some of the people go there for the exercise, some for something to do. Some go because they are just wanting a reason to get out of th house, others for the social aspect and to get to meet someone new. "Not me," I told her. "Therapy." I said. "I go for therapy." Now I didn't say I go for the therapy. I just go for therapy. OK, so I wonder why I am always the last one chosen for dance. I started figuring that out when Sharon didn't dance with me anymore that night and preferred to dance without a partner every time it was her turn to dance with me.

So I am believing that thought processes are not always logical. For instance: I just don't seem to get along with people individually or in groups. Yet, my favorite place to go is loaded with them? But it can't be too ironic. Michael Eisner, former CEO of Disney said: nothing about Disney makes sense. I mean, we have Donald Duck, a duck who doesn't wear pants when he is out in public, yet puts a towel around his waist when he gets out of the shower. Yea, so at least I wear pants in public. And I don't put a towel around my waist when I get out of the shower either. OK, so that's too much information. You'll need to go to therapy, too. Oh, but you are me, and you, or me will just need more therapy. My therapist will love it. My therapist always likes it when I send new business.

I am still biding my time to find out if I really will get to be a steam locomotive engineer at Disneyland. I know I have a job and it starts September 17. They told me I will be assigned to Adventureland/Frontierland so I can train on the trains. But they can't guarantee anything. They could move me if the need dictates it. So I've been thinking about what else they could have me doing. I could be a skipper on the World Famous Jungle Cruise! I think I would like that. Cruising around telling jokes to people that don't think I am very funny. Going around in circles pointing out imaginary scenes to people who really don't care. The only reason they are on the boat is because its on water and cooler, and they needed a place to sit down and rest. It would be like getting paid to do what I do every day. The polite people snicker between their teeth every now and then. But their eyes roll. At least on the Jungle Cruise their eyes would be rolling with the boat. So there's some other jobs as well. There would be host at the Tiki Room where I could take a big stick and wake up Jose to start the show. But they wouldn't dare trust me with a big stick, would they? Not around people, at least. There would be the Indiana Jones attraction. That would be a good possiblity since I bear such a striking resemlance to the archilogist, himself. Tarzan's treehouse? "Stay to your right and keep moving." I would be asleep in no time. Big Thunder Mountain? No, they've already had their share of tragedy. The Mark Twain Riverboat! Yea, it runs on steam and has a whistle. It runs on a track as well! Hey, it's a steam train in water!!!!

I worked for the first time this school year yesterday. I had ten kindergarteners that needed therapy. After lunch one of them decided it was time to leave so he took the aides out (And I'm not talking outside, or to lunch, or just out. I mean he literally took them out, like out of commission, you, the military meaning), and then the principal. I wasn't allowed to participate because I was a sub. I kept the others busy on the other side of the room as furniture was flying all over the room. It was kind of like a duck and cover drill. It eventually came to an end. He fell a sleep and looked so innocent. No-one would ever guess the havoc he caused. Here I am, now, waiting for my next exciting assignment!

I think that will go now. My alarm is ringing. It must be time for my next therapy session. Talk to you later!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, who's really posting if I post anonymously? You, or me?

Anonymous said...

You're saying that if I post anonymously, it's really you that's posting and not me? How do I tell if it's you and not me? I don't get it. I'm very confused.

B.O.B. Boston said...

All those postings I've made in the past were really you? You mean, I am you?

Scary thought!

Kaitlin said...

I think you need a new hobby. And just so you know, you aren't the only one reading your posts.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Who's this Kaitlin kid? There's someone else on this board? This is weird.

Hello, Hello...

ansbug said...

I read. But I guess I don't count. Maybe I should sign as X. He doesn't read though.

Megan said...

I read too, and it gives me a good laugh every time