Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Twelfth Post

In Good Company
With all my talk of therapy, it's good to know that I am in good company.  A list of the top five "Mad Geniuses" was recently released.  They are:
1.  John Nash (1928-  )
2.  Vincent Van Gogh (1853-1890)
3.  Edgar Allen Poe (1809-1849)
4.  Ludwig Von Beethoven (1770-1827)
5.  Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

Scientists believe that for the more part, creative geniuses are crazier than the rest of the population.  Others that were mentioned in the survey were Mary Shelley of Frankenstein fame, and Ernest Hemingway.  I don't believe there is any doubt attesting to their sanity!  

And you thought I was crazy?

Updates
I still seem to be in the waiting mode as not much has happened for a while.  But all that will change come Thursday.  I went over to Ridgecrest to pick up X and his mommy since his daddy is out on travel.  He is keeping us busy and entertained.  In the meantime, subbing hasn't picked up at all, yet.  I have been preparing for my SEIS presentation for Thursday and Friday.  I am getting sick of it looking it over all the time; And I will probably forget everything Thursday morning as soon as I open my mouth.  It should go alright, though.  

Ice Cream
We tried making our new concoction Rice Crispy Treat Ice Cream in our test kitchen today. Notice the key word, tried.  Unfortunately we are having some trouble stirring our marshmellow in.  That's all right, though.  One of the nicer things about working with ice cream is that even your mistakes taste great.  So, as soon as we clean up our mess we'll get back to the drawing board to perfect the recipe.  

Watch the postings:  As soon as we have it, we will publish the recipe for everyone to enjoy this wonderful new flavor.  Of course, if you don't want to buy it you can always order it.  See side panel for details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I want to win rice crispy icecream. Do we get to choose? I like the strawberry cheese cake and the sweet cream. I would like something with raspberries or better yet, marion berries.

B.O.B. Boston said...

After letting the new concoction set for 12 hours I would have to agree. I wouldn't want to win that one either. I also have to retract what I wrote earlier. That was "even when you make mistakes it tastes great." Well, this one didn't. My tummy aches. The dog doesn't want it. The cat doesn't want it. I'm not sure if I ever want ice cream again.