Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Contest

Contest Rules

As of midnight last night I have had 750 readers on this blog.  Now, I still believe that a good majority of them are me because I love to log in a look at what's going on in my world.  I can't believe I was able to live life without knowing what was going on before.  

As I mentioned earlier, we will have a contest for the one thousandth reader.  Several people have asked me how I will know who the one thousandth reader is.  Well, I won't know exactly.  But I have devised a clever little scheme to come close.  Here it is along with the rules:
1.  The contest is open to all readers.
2.  The grand prize is 2 quarts of Bob's Own Gourmet Ice Cream.
3.  The winner is responsible for all travel to my house to claim the prize, as well as all taxes that may be required by local, state, and federal governments.
4.  To win, log in and post on the most recent posting on the blog. 
5.  The post must be posted on the day the blog reaches 1000 readers.  I have a counter connected to my ads that few of you click on that counts the number of times the blog is logged into.  This determines the number of readers.  In reality, it may reach 1000, but there are probably only two or three of you out there.  OK, counting my loyal children and my wife, there are about 8 of you so the odds are pretty good of winning.
6.  Log in daily.  There will be a count listed of the total readers as of midnight the previous night.
7.  My decisions are final.
8.  I am the sole judge.
9.  If there are any questions that arise I will reslove them once I think about them.
10.  Is just here for the sake of having ten rules.

OK.  Start logging on and making those posts. Lets see who wins!

3 comments:

Mike Cream said...

Hey, am I the winner yet? Am I the 1000 reader? I hope so becawse I aim to get my hands on the best tasting ice cream that have ever set foot on my taste buds. Ya'll don't have a chance because I am going to win that there prize. Bring it own!!!

Kaitlin said...

what if I click 300 times on the page... then I'll be the winner right?

B.O.B. Boston said...

Read the rules. You have to guess the day of the thousandth reader and post on that day. If you're going to click 300 times do it on the ads or the you tube video strip at the bottom of the page. At least I would get something out of your effort.