Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Elventh Post

More Dance
Last night was the first dance of the new month.  That means we started learning a new dance. The dance of the month is the Lindy Hop.  At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to go.  I have been losing a lot of motivation lately.  Perhaps it is because I have such long waits until all the new things in my life get started.  I don't know.  I start doing my SEIS training next week.  I am excited about that.  And then finally my new job starts.  But if things go the way they have been, I will go down and do my orientation (that's what I do on Sept 17) and then wait another month go even get my schedule let alone get started.  Hey, I'm ready now!!!

I finally dragged myself down to the Odd Fellows Hall (yes, there is no suprise there that that is the place I go to dance).  There were a lot of people there to learn the Lindy Hop.  It is really quite a simple dance.  At least the basic part is.  That's about all we learned last night because it took us a while to get the basic down.  Simply put it goes like this:  three steps to the left, three steps to the right, rock step.  Of course if you are a woman, it is just the opposite.  Three steps to the right, three steps to the left, rock step.  We then learned how to turn to the right, you just move your steps to the right along with your partner, and to the left, you just move your steps to the left until you've completed your turn.  We then learned and underarm turn, and a underarm pass through, or something like that.  There is no way I can try to explain that in writing. Anyway, it wasn't too difficult.  By the end of class we were all swinging away.  I only got one black eye from the lady who was swinging her purse at me at the end of class becuase I swung one too many times around on her foot.  Grandmama says she will go next week.  We will see.

I am still going to the Gym.  I think I got a new muscle yesterday.  Isn't that what you go to the gym for?  To build muscle?  Anyway, it is a tiny tiny new one in my qualdrilaterals.  You have to look close to see it but it's there.  I know it's there because it hurts.  It never hurt there before. So does that mean I have quintrilaterals now?



No comments: