Monday, April 5, 2010

The Eightieth Post

Musings, Travels and Toothaches

Well I am finally starting to get back into the blog of things. Eventually the Bob Blog will get back to it's generally interesting and witty postings. It took me two years to get to the eightieth posting; mostly because I didn't post much over the last year and a half. Between my SEIS consulting job, Disney, and of course commuting, it didn't leave much time to do much else. It did, but I spent much of my downtime sleeping trying to get rested for the next gig. Disney was fun, but it was hard physical work. Then when you put it on top of SEIS, and then travel; it was just downright tiring. There were times I would go three to four weeks without ever seeing home. I knew it was time to cut down when Nushka Dog attacked me when I got in late one night.

Disney was fun. It was the funnest thing I have ever done when it comes to work. What more can you say when you get to go to the "Happiest Place on Earth" everyday and ride the train or give excursions on the World Famous Jungle Cruise. I miss it a lot. But as I said in my resignation letter, for all things there is a time and a season. I had my time fulfilling a life's dream working as an archeologist with Indiana Jones in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye; and I was a conductor on the Disneyland Railroad; and a jungle guide on the Jungle Rivers of the World. What more can one ask? But now it is time once again to be a guest and to experience Disneyland as Walt Disney originally intended. Only now I need to find someone to get me in or pony up the money for a pass.

So what has life brought me in the two months I have been gone? Well, things have not slowed down. I don't even think I have traveled less. Just differently. Since I left SEIS has picked up and I have a number of days lined up through August. Right after I left Disney I spent three weeks in the SF east bay; traveled to Provo, Utah; worked a couple days in the LA area and traveled to Provo, UT. I have another two days scheduled this month in Redding, California, and another trip to Provo, UT. And more to come. And best yet; I got a raise on my daily fee! With a promise of even more days to come this summer and fall. I have already taken home more money in the last two months than I ever hoped to bring home in the entire 18 months at Disney. Plus I have a lot of down time. Which is important for health right now as well.

Speaking of health. I seem to be doing fairly well, other than a toothache. Two years ago, my assistant, kind as she is, bought me a bean burrito. And it broke my tooth. I have never broken a tooth before. And it was on a bean burrito! I got it capped, but lately it has been hurting so bad I had to make an appointment with the dentist tomorrow. We will see how it goes.

So what are the plans for the future? Riverside in June. Virginia in the middle of June. Yes, watch out for the Post Cards. I should get some nice ones. Stockton for three weeks in July. And back to Riverside in August. So stay tuned. There is more to come!

No comments: