Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Sixteenth Post

Officially Indiana

I have now officially completed my training at Disneyland. On Saturday I completed my performance assessment and passed with flying colors at the Indiana Jones Attraction. In fact, the ride even broke down while I was working Tower (the heart of the attraction where you have total control of what goes on) and required me to shut everything down, which I did without any problem. The trainers and supervisors were all very well impressed with my abilities. So, when you go to Disneyland you can officially see me at one of two places: one at the Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye, or two: on the parade route on Main Street around either the Plaza or Hub. That is providing I am working. Getting hours has been the next problem. After having many, many hours for the first two weeks, I am now down to a sporadic few. I am lobbying for more, and we will see what I get.

Odds and Ends
There hasn't been too much more happening. I continue to work on the bathroom a little at a time. I continue to work around the house trying to keep caught up on everything else, and, oh yeah, I am trying to get back into the routine at the gym again. I have not been doing very well lately at going so all my flab has come back. I don't quite understand it. It takes me months of really hard work to start seeing the results of my labors with rippling muscles and a tight abdomen, only to see it all turn into flabby muscles and jiggling jello in a matter of days. But who said life is fair?

It's hard to believe it is October already. In the last month I have seen a lot of changes. It will be interesting to see what October brings!

Until next time...

2 comments:

ansbug said...

So do you get to wear the costumes too? Hopefully you can get the hours you need too.

Kaitlin said...

I wanna come to disneyland. Hopefully I can come home some time...