Friday, March 26, 2010

Post Cards From My Cell Phone

Greetings From The Old North Church in Boston!

Or is it?
This past week I was on the road again and went to a place I had planned to go for a long time. I went to visit the Old North Church in Boston. This is the church made famous by Paul Revere. One if by land, Two if by sea. That church. The only problem was, I didn't go to Boston. But no fear. There is another Old North Church that is an exact replica of the one in Boston. It is located, of all places, in the Forest Lawn Memorial Park-Hollywood Hills. That's right. It is in the cemetery of the stars!

The church is located in a section devoted to freedom. They ca
ll it the Freedom Trail. Not only do they have the church there, but statues of George Washington and the other founding fathers, a freedom museum with a replica of the liberty bell, and the world's larges mosaic mural depicting the American Revolution. While I was there they were having a military funeral across the street complete with a 21 gun salute. It was a very fitting moment for my visit.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

It must have been built when freedom still meant something in this country.