Monday, May 3, 2010

Post Cards From My Cell Phone

Greetings From Fresno, CA
Chaffee Zoo
The grandX just celebrated his third birthday and he wanted nothing more than to go to the zoo to see the elephants! (I tried to get him to go to Disneyland, but Dad vetoed it.) Since Fresno is the city closest to us with a zoo, that's where we went: The Chaffee Zoo.
I had never been there before but was pleasantly surprised at how nice of a little zoo they have. They had a wide variety of animals in nice enclosures, but most importantly, lots of shade. We saw elephants, tigers, bears, but no lions; unless of course you want to count sea lions. Everyone had fun. I tried taking a trademark self portrait while holding the GrandTobster but almost dropped him into the elephant enclosure. After that Grandmama had to hold him for me.

This is the only picture I got of the GrandX. Looks like he is going to be a plumber when he grows up!

1 comment:

ansbug said...

At least you got some cute ones of Tobster. We had a fun time with you guys at the zoo, maybe next year we can do Disney.